Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 01/08/08
These Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions (hereinafter "Terms and
Conditions") govern the purchase, use and redemption of gift
certificates purchased at Rani Spas, d/b/a Rani Spas (Corporate Office)
("Rani Spas"). For questions, comments or suggestions, please contact
Rani Spas at:
Rani Spas (Corporate Office)
587 10th Ave.
Manhattan, NY 10030
(888) 772-7264 or (516) 250-4088
Purchasing, Sending and Receiving Gift Certificates
• Gift certificates are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
• Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates.
• Gift certificates have no cash value.
• Gift certificates are not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed
(if paying by Credit Card or check).
• Rani Spas reserves the right to refuse service or reverse any gift certificate purchase for any reason and
return the funds to the purchaser.
• These terms and conditions also apply to spa gift certificates purchased via SpaEmergency.com from Rani
Spas, which is listed under New York Area Spas and Old Westbury, NY Spas.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
• Gift certificates are only redeemable at Rani Spas for the amount or service specified on the gift certificate,
by the expiration date indicated. Rani Spas reserves the right to convert service–based gift certificates to their
cash value, equivalent to what was paid for the gift certificate, at its option and sole discretion.
• Not Refundable. Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund.
• Any unused balance of the gift certificate will remain until redeemed or the original expiration date indicated
on the gift certificate, whichever occurs first.
• If a purchase exceeds the amount listed on the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for paying
the difference at time of purchase.
• For security purposes, a recipient may be required to show valid ID before he or she can redeem
the gift certificate.
• Rani Spas, its agents and vendors, may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the
redemption status of gift certificates.
Cancellation and Expiration of Gift Certificates
• Rani Spas reserves the right to immediately invalidate gift certificates, without notice, should it receive a
credit card chargeback, returned check or other form of repudiated payment made towards the gift certificate.
• Rani Spas is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. Reasonable and prudent steps are taken
to verify the legitimacy of a redeemer and upon full redemption or at the expiration date, we deactivate
the gift certificate.
• Rani Spas reserves the right to dishonor the gift certificate, if it reasonably believes the redeemer stole or
is otherwise not the intended beneficiary of the purchaser.
• Gift certificates are not redeemable after the expiration date indicated on the gift certificate.
• Rani Spas will replace a lost gift certificate if before its expiration date, provided the original gift certificate
hasn't been redeemed and the replacement is issued to either the original purchaser or a verifiable recipient.
• Rani Spas reserves the right to contact gift certificate purchasers, or known recipients, to remind them
of upcoming expiration dates.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
• Rani Spas reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
• Rani Spas is not responsible for emailed gift certificates that do not reach their intended recipient for
reasons beyond its control. Bounced email is not monitored. Receipt of email cannot be verified. Rani Spas
can only verify receipt of the gift certificate, if the recipient of the gift certificate actually uses the enclosed URL
to access the gift certificate using a browser.
• Between 1am and 6am, MST, Rani Spas processes future email delivery requests and ships out previously
scheduled email. Rani Spas is not responsible for late delivery of gift certificates.
• RANI SPAS, ITS AGENTS AND AFFILIATES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CERTIFICATES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT
A GIFT CERTIFICATE NUMBER OR BAR CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR
SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CERTIFICATE.
• Gift certificates, and this terms and conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of New York, without
reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
• If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid or unenforceable
in any respect, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted
by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid or unenforceable
provision to make it valid and enforceable.